Welcome to the ASPG Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. You will find commonly asked questions below to which we have provided answers. To locate an answer to a question, simply click on the question (numbered) below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Handwriting Analysis?
- What is ASPG's approach to teaching handwriting analysis?
- How do I get to the ASPG meeting center on Fifth Avenue?
- How do I get to the ASPG meeting at the Bromley Condominium?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Professional Member, Associate or Student of ASPG?
Q: What Is Handwriting Analysis
A: It is the study of the graphics of printing and cursive writing to determine personality traits. Frozen in time and space, handwriting enables analysis of expressive movement. An analogous study would be the expressive dynamics of body language.
Q: What is ASPG's approach to teaching handwriting analysis?
A: ASPG classes take a gestalt perspective. From the holistic evaluation, we then consider the specifics, or more detailed dynamics. Individual graphics are interpreted as they relate to overall expression in the handwriting. We do not equate one graphic with one meaning for all handwritings, but focus instead on what the graphics add to the interpretation of particular handwritings. Our focus is to come to an understanding of the entire personality of the writer and, from there, the characterics of the individual.
We teach Heiss's Movement, Form and Space and the Anthony/Roman Graphological Psychogram each semester as the basis for obtaining a holistic perspective and pursuing objectivity in the evaluation process. In addition, we consider other graphological and psychological methods and perspectives each semester to broaden our approach to and understanding of handwriting analysis and personality.
Q: How do I get to the ASPG meeting center on Fifth Avenue?
A: Unless otherwise indicated, Conferences will take place at 80 Fifth Avenue (at 14th Street on the southwest corner), 14th Floor Conference Room in New York City.
Q: How do I get to the Bromley Condominium, 225 W. 83rd Street?
A: Some events are held at the 225 W. 83rd Street location in New York City.
Q: What are the benefits of becoming a Professional Member, Associate or Student of ASPG?
A:The Benefits are as follows:
- ASPG gives an opportunity for those interested in graphology to attend three all-day Conferences, and occasional evening Special Lectures, highlighting the expertise of national and international professionals.
- Taking part in ASPG allows participation in an interactive forum for exchange of ideas, and the opportunity to meet like-minded associates.
- Professional Members and Associates receive a high-quality academic Journal, as available, and a yearly Newsletter.
- Professional Members may use their membership as a personal or professional credential, and may become Board Members.
- Students have the opportunity to receive a certification in the psychology of handwriting from ASPG after four semesters of satisfactory class work.
- As a participant of ASPG, you will be supporting efforts to promote an understanding and appreciation of the art and science of graphology in accordance with the highest academic standards.
Welcome Page |
About Us |
Join Us |
Contact Us |
Copyright © 2001-2013 American Society of Professional Graphologists, Inc.. All